Pages

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Ikea 2010

I looooove Ikea - I mean, who doesn't love cool, modern designs on the cheap? So of course, I was so excited to see this article on Apartment Therapy announcing that the 2010 Ikea catalog was available online. The Ikea catalog is always full of innovative and unique stylings, and I love to see the way they put their products together. One thing I really love to see is new uses for different products, like kitchen cabinets in the living room, or bathroom fixtures in an office. Ikea has so much stuff that sometimes it's hard to visualize different uses for it all just by looking online or shopping the store. This article from AT pulled out some of the best new ideas and looks from the catalog...


I love a piece like this - with a slim profile and simple lines, it could be a desk, sideboard, console table, vanity...just about anything - and it would definitely be a bold statement in any room.


I'm just in love with this whole color combination - crisp green just pops off of the white and feels so energizing and fun. The postcards around the door are a quirky way to display small prints and travel souvenirs in an office or den.


Super shiny kitchen cabinets become gorgeous modern storage in a living room - total genuis.


Hanging DVD storage acts as a colorful focal point on this wall - a great space saving alternative to a large piece of art. And I really love the super low tables for display.


Ah! Organization like this makes me giddy! A place for absolutely everything in an entry or dressing room.

As an alternative to the formal dining room, this space feels much more casual and family friendly thanks to mismatched chairs and low hanging pendants. And a black and white rug is a classic that fits with any style.


I just love the dramatic feel of this room. The new Edland series is so gorgeous and unlike your average Ikea - I mean, drop pulls? Gah.

No comments:

Post a Comment