Pages

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The House Tour: First Floor

As I embark on this crazy job of renovating my grandmother's house, I'm really excited to document it all here on my little blog. First, I thought I'd share some of the before pictures to give you all* a frame of reference as to what exactly I'm working with here. And I must warn you, these are pretty bad. The house has a lot of really beautiful details and plenty of space - but it's a little hard to tell under all the tacky furniture, bad wallpaper, and innumerable tchotchkes. But I can see a lot of potential and am becoming more and more aware of how lucky I am to have an opportunity like this. These pictures were taken about a month ago, so some work has since been done, but these give you an idea of where we first started...

Entry Hall

Living RoomSunroom

Dining Room

Kitchen


So, needless to say, it's gonna be a lot of work (and I think I have said that already), but I can already see how great it will look. So many more pictures to come!

*I do realize I'm probably talking to myself here...

No comments:

Post a Comment