Pages

Monday, June 8, 2009

Mini Me




I find it hilarious that these are the kinds of expensive things I drool over. Not diamonds, not expensive shoes or bags, nope. Tiny chairs. That's it. It's kind of ridiculous how obsessed I am with these little replicas, and I think only a true design nerd can understand what I'm saying here. These petite works of genius are The Miniatures Collection from Vitra, and while they aren't exactly cheap (anywhere from $140 to $700), they are definitely a less expensive way to own a piece of history. Now, like many other designers I'm sure, it has always been a dream of mine to someday own a real, bona fide piece of classic furniture - Eames Rocker, Eames Lounge, Barcelona....really, it doesn't matter which one. But until that day comes, I would be happy to collect these little guys and display them everywhere. The perfect home accent for a designer.

No comments:

Post a Comment