Pages

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Cool Katz

This dreary, rainy day is making me feel all sorts of quiet and introspective and arty for some reason. So much so that I went out and bought a buttload of new art supplies today (with a random gift card I found in my old wallet - woohoo!) to get going on some projects I've been putting off. It's supposed to rain for the next five days or so, so maybe this feeling will stick and I'll get some great art out of it. I always like to look at some of my favorite artists as motivation whenever I'm in the mood to be creative, so I thought I would share one. Alex Katz has been one of my favorite artists ever since I saw a book of his work back in high school. I did an entire painting series based on his style, and I just love how his work is simple yet dynamic. I love pieces where the light/dark contrast and shadows are broken down into solid shapes, and forms become very straightforward and stark. I'm not much of an art buff, but I know what I like, and this is it.

No comments:

Post a Comment