Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Simply Amazing

I just have to post this because I am totally blown away. I've really never seen anything like this...




It is a little weird to me that this was a part of Ukraine's Got Talent competition (who knew that existed?), but when you take it for what it is, it truly is amazing and moving. The 'story' she tells is about the German invasion of the Soviet Union during WW2, resulting in millions of Ukrainian casualties. It's crazy (in a good way) to me that she could convey all of this through sand. I have never seen an artist use this medium in this way before. Her precision and speed are just incredible. Trust me, it's worth watching all the way through.

(And on a lighter note - who else caught the instrumental Metallica at the end? Nice.)

No comments:

Post a Comment