Pages

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Color Inspiration: Cobalt and Chartreuse

I've been mildly obsessed with this color combination for awhile now, ever since I saw this first image in my trusty Domino Design Guide. I love how this combination uses such strong colors without being too heavy or overwhelming. I think the key to that is balancing them with lots of crisp white for contrast. I also love the addition of warm wood tones and neutrals with these cool colors to keep things feeling cozy and grounded.















Since the bathroom at the house is going to have lots of white happening in it, and I already own some limey green towels, I'm considering a deep sapphire in the bathroom. It's one of the few rooms in the house that gets decent light and I think all the white is enough to balance out a darker color. And now that the walls are gone, I need to get crackin' on a decision pretty quick......Oh, yes, you heard right - more on that tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment